Re: identifying the backend that owns a temporary schema

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: identifying the backend that owns a temporary schema
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 24, 2022 at 01:41:38PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> One thing I don't like about it documentation-wise is that it leaves
> the concept of backend ID pretty much completely undefined.

How specific do you think this definition ought to be?  All I've come up
with so far is "internal identifier for the backend that is independent
from its PID," which is what I used in the attached patch.  Do we want to
mention its uses in more detail (e.g., temp schema name), or should we keep
it vague?

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Zhang Mingli
Сообщение: Add more docs for pg_surgery?
От: Wolfgang Walther
Сообщение: Re: has_privs_of_role vs. is_member_of_role, redux