Re: Limiting the operations that client-side code can perform upon its database backend's artifacts

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Limiting the operations that client-side code can perform upon its database backend's artifacts
Дата
Re: Limiting the operations that client-side code can perform upon its database backend's artifacts  (Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 11:18:34AM -0700, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:

> My demo seems to show that when a program connects as "client", it can
> perform exactly and only the database operations that the database design
> specified.
>
> Am I missing something? In other words, can anybody show me a vulnerability?

What exactly prevents the client role from inserting e.g.

- 'robert''); drop table students; --'
- millions of 'cat' rows
- millions of 1GB-large rows

or just keep sending massive invalid query texts to fill the logs, or just
trying to connect until there's no available connection slots anymore, and then
keep spamming the server thousands of time per second to try to open new
connections, or ...?

От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: Findout long unused tables in database
От: Andreas Fröde
Сообщение: Re: Findout long unused tables in database