Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-12-06 13:47:39 -0500, Greg Stark wrote:
> So.... I talked about this patch with Ronan Dunklau and he had a good
> question.... Why are we maintaining relfrozenxid and relminmxid in
> pg_class for temporary tables at all? Autovacuum can't use them and
> other sessions won't care about them. The only session that might care
> about them is the one attached to the temp schema.

Uh, without relfrozenxid for temp tables we can end up truncating clog
"ranges" away that are required to access the temp tables. So this would
basically mean that temp tables can't be used reliably anymore.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: 16: Collation versioning and dependency helpers
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning