Re: Segmentation fault on RelationGetDescr in my first extension

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Segmentation fault on RelationGetDescr in my first extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At Thu, 29 Dec 2022 13:52:18 +0300, Дмитрий Цветков <dmitry.cvetkov@gmail.com> wrote in
> I'm trying to write my first extension and open a table in it.
> I use check_password_hook and my function executes at the moment of
> changing user password.
>
> But if I try to open a table inside this function, I get Segmentation fault
> on the line with   "RelationGetDescr".
> What am I doing wrong?

table_open() should error out when it is going to return an invalid
Relation*, and RelationGetDescr(rel) is "rel->rd_att". So the
RelationGetDescr() cannot get a segv even if the table does not exist.

# I modified contrib/passwordcheck that way and saw RelationGetDescr()
# doesn't get segv in the shown context.

I guess the segv comes from another place, or something else has
broken memory until there. but anyway more information is needed for
people to diagnose your situation more closely.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Martin Ritchie
Сообщение: pg_multixact_member file limits
От: Alicja Kucharczyk
Сообщение: Use case for enabling log_duration other than benchmarking