Re: Use windows VMs instead of windows containers on the CI

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Use windows VMs instead of windows containers on the CI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-01-10 09:22:12 -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > There is more than 2x speed gain when VMs are used.
>
> One consideration is that if windows runs twice as fast, we'll suddenly
> start using twice as many resources at cirrus/google/amazon - the
> windows task has been throttling everything else.  Not sure if we should
> to do anything beyond the limits that cfbot already uses.

I'm not sure we would. cfbot has a time based limit for how often it tries to
rebuild entries, and I think we were just about keeping up with that. In which
case we shouldn't, on average, schedule more jobs than we currently
do. Although peak "job throughput" would be higher.

Thomas?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Show various offset arrays for heap WAL records