Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-01-22 19:50:10 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 2023-01-22 Su 18:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Jelte Fennema <postgres@jeltef.nl> writes:
> >> Maybe I'm not understanding your issue correctly, but for such
> >> a case you could push two commits at the same time.
> > I don't know that much about git commit hooks, but do they really
> > only check the final state of a series of commits?
>

> The pre-commit hook is literally run every time you do `git commit`. But
> it's only run on your local instance and only if you have enabled it.
> It's not project-wide.

There's different hooks. Locally, I think pre-push would be better suited to
this than pre-commit (I often save WIP work in local branches, it'd be pretty
annoying if some indentation thing swore at me).

But there's also hooks like pre-receive, that allow doing validation on the
server side. Which obviously would be project wide...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Logical replication timeout problem
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner