Re: A bug with ExecCheckPermissions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: A bug with ExecCheckPermissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Feb-08, Amit Langote wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 16:19 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > I think we should also patch ExecCheckPermissions to use forboth(),
> > scanning the RTEs as it goes over the perminfos, and make sure that the
> > entries are consistent.
>
> Hmm, we can’t use forboth here, because not all RTEs have the corresponding
> RTEPermissionInfo, inheritance children RTEs, for example.

Doh, of course.

> Also, it doesn’t make much sense to reinstate the original loop over
> range table and fetch the RTEPermissionInfo for the RTEs with non-0
> perminfoindex, because the main goal of the patch was to make
> ExecCheckPermissions() independent of range table length.

Yeah, I'm thinking in a mechanism that would allow us to detect bugs in
development builds — no need to have it run in production builds.
However, I can't see any useful way to implement it.

"Estoy de acuerdo contigo en que la verdad absoluta no existe...
El problema es que la mentira sí existe y tu estás mintiendo" (G. Lama)

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Logical replication timeout problem
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: recovery modules