Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

I rebuilt the HEAD (master) html with:

  make STYLE=website html

and what I see locally is still different from
what is on postgresql.org.

So the build system does indeed seem to be generating
"different html" that looks un-good compared to what
Alvaro and I are seeing when we build locally.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 15:20:38 -0500
"Karl O. Pinc" <kop@karlpinc.com> wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with the html generated
> for the public-facing Postgresql docs.
>
> I'm looking at the contrib page in the devel docs,
> on the pg website:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/contrib.html
>
> The simplelist holding the list of trusted extensions,
> in doc/src/sgml/contrib.sgml, is inside the paragraph.
>
> But when I look at the delivered html, I see the table
> outside of the paragraph.  And the vertical spacing
> looks poor as a result.
>
> Alvaro moved the simplelist into the paragraph to
> fix just this problem.
>
> Building HEAD (of master) on my computer (Debian 11.6)
> what I see is the generation of two paragraphs,
> one with the leading text and a second that contains
> the simplelist table.  (Er, why 2 paragraphs instead
> of just one paragraph with both text and table in
> it I can't say.)
>
> The html built on my computer has vertical spacing
> that looks good.
>
> Could it be that the build system has out-of-date
> docbook xslt?  In any case, it looks like what's
> produced for the world to see is different from what
> Alvaro and I are seeing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
> Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
>                  -- Robert A. Heinlein
>
> P.S.  I don't know what html Alvero is generating,
> but his looks good and what's on postgresql.org does
> not look good.  So I assume that he's getting something
> different from what the public sees now.

Regards,

Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Célestin Matte
Сообщение: pgarchives: Bug report + Patches: loader can't handle message in multiple lists
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences