Re: ERROR messages in VACUUM's PARALLEL option

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: ERROR messages in VACUUM's PARALLEL option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 11 Apr 2023 18:16:40 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in
> David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> > Thanks for chipping in on this. Can you confirm if you think this
> > should apply to VACUUM options?  We're not talking GUCs here.
>
> My druthers would be to treat them similarly to GUCs.

IMHO I like this direction.

> I recognize that I might be in the minority, and that doing
> so would entail touching a lot of existing messages in this
> area.  Nonetheless, I think this area is not being consistent
> with our wider conventions, which is why for example defGetString
> is out of step with these messages.

On the other hand, the documentation write optinos in uppercase
[1]. It is why I did not push hard for the normalization.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-vacuum.html

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h