Re: Can we delete the vacuumdb.sgml notes about which version each option was added in?

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Can we delete the vacuumdb.sgml notes about which version each option was added in?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 16, 2023 at 10:14:35PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> There are 3 notes there that read "This option is only available for
> servers running PostgreSQL 9.6 and later.".  Since 9.6 is a few years
> out of support, can we get rid of these 3?

+1

> Or better yet, can we just delete them all?  Is it really worth doing
> this in case someone is using a new vacuumdb on an older server?
>
> I just tried compiling the HTML with all the notes removed, I see from
> looking at a print preview that it's now ~1 full A4 page shorter than
> it was previously.  5 pages down to 4.
>
> Does anyone think we should keep these?

I'm +0.5 for removing all of them.  While they are still relevant and could
potentially help users, these notes are taking up a rather big portion of
the vacuumdb page, and it should print a nice error message if you try to
use an option on and older server, anyway.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Can we delete the vacuumdb.sgml notes about which version each option was added in?
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Can we delete the vacuumdb.sgml notes about which version each option was added in?