Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?
Дата
Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Apr-18, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> While I'm certain that nobody will agree with me on every little
> detail, I have to imagine that most would find my preferred ordering
> quite understandable and unsurprising, at a high level -- this is not
> a hopelessly idiosyncratic ranking, that could just as easily have
> been generated by a PRNG. People may not easily agree that "apples are
> more important than oranges, or vice-versa", but what does it matter?
> I've really only put each option into buckets of items with *roughly*
> the same importance. All of the details beyond that don't matter to
> me, at all.

I agree with you that roughly bucketing items is a good approach.
Within each bucket we can then sort alphabetically.

"If you have nothing to say, maybe you need just the right tool to help you
not say it."                   (New York Times, about Microsoft PowerPoint)

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?