Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 07:23:28AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 05:18:28PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> Wow, good point.  I think to make it work we'd need put
>> huge_pages_active into BackendParameters and handle it in
>> save_backend_variables().  If so, that'd be strong argument for using a
>> GUC, which already has all the necessary infrastructure for exposing the
>> server's state.
>
> I am afraid so, duplicating an existing infrastructure for a need like
> the one of this thread is not really appealing.

AFAICT this would involve adding a bool to BackendParameters and using it
in save_backend_variables() and restore_backend_variables(), which is an
additional 3 lines of code.  That doesn't sound too bad to me, but perhaps
I am missing something.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: LLVM strip -x fails