Re: BUG #17903: There is a bug in the KeepLogSeg()

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: BUG #17903: There is a bug in the KeepLogSeg()
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 10:42:31AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> From what I understand, the XLogSegNo calculations are designed
> without considering the actual value range. Basically, it assumes that
> (XLogSegNo + <any positive int>) can overflow.  If we take the actual
> value range into account, we can make that change.
>
> The choice lies on whether we assume the actual value range or not.

Yeah, after staring at this some more, I think your proposed fix is the way
to go.  Alternatively, we could adjust the conditional for the
max_slot_wal_keep_size block to

    if (keep != InvalidXLogRecPtr && keep < recptr)

but AFAICT that yields the exact same behavior.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17906: Segmentation fault and database crash during procedure call
От: Anderson Antunes
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16628: Hostame and string connection functions