Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:50:37 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> I concur that returning false is problematic.
>
> For assertion builds, Assert typically provides more detailed
> information than elog. However, in this case, it wouldn't matter much
> since the worker would repeatedly restart even after a server-restart
> for the same reason unless cosmic rays are involved. Moreover, the

> situation doesn't justify server-restaring, as it would unnecessarily
> involve other backends.

Please disregard this part, as it's not relavant to non-assertion builds.

> In my opinion, it is fine to replace the Assert with an ERROR.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply
От: shaurya jain
Сообщение: Re: Logical replication failed with SSL SYSCALL error