Re: some new glossary entries

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: some new glossary entries
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2023-May-02, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> +  <glossentry id="glossary-lsn">
> +   <glossterm>LSN</glossterm>
> +   <glosssee otherterm="glossary-log-sequence-number"/>
> +  </glossentry>
>
> The other <glosssee otherterm="foo" /> entries doesn't have a glossentry id
> attribute set, is the use here related to the glossentry.show.acronym param?

I debated with myself for 347d2b07fcc2 on whether to add id attribs to
<glosssee> entries.  The only saving grace for doing that is that you
can link to such entries; but if you do that, you're only causing the
user one more click in order to see the definition they want to see.  So
in the end I decided not make the glosssee's directly referenceable.
And I think this new entry shouldn't have an id either.

I think that what glossentry.show.acronym allows is to show the
<acronym> text that's part of the main entry:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28869578/docbook-5-rendering-without-abbrev-tag/28879785#28879785
so the fact that there's an id in the other entry doesn't change
anything.

If we do turn glossentry.show.acronym on (and I don't see any reason not
to), we can follow up later to add <acronym> and <abbrev> tags to other
entries, too.

"I'm always right, but sometimes I'm more right than other times."
                                                  (Linus Torvalds)
https://lore.kernel.org/git/Pine.LNX.4.58.0504150753440.7211@ppc970.osdl.org/

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: some new glossary entries
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: some new glossary entries