Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-May-02, Julien Rouhaud wrote:

> On Tue, May 02, 2023 at 12:55:18PM +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > A point on preserving physical replication slots: because we change WAL
> > format from one major version to the next (adding new messages or
> > changing format for other messages), we can't currently rely on physical
> > slots working across different major versions.
>
> I don't think anyone suggested to do physical replication over different major
> versions.

They didn't, but a man can dream.  (Anyway, we agree on it not working
for various reasons.)

"No es bueno caminar con un hombre muerto"

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Add two missing tests in 035_standby_logical_decoding.pl
От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"
Сообщение: Re: Add two missing tests in 035_standby_logical_decoding.pl