Re: Move un-parenthesized syntax docs to "compatibility" for few SQL commands

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Move un-parenthesized syntax docs to "compatibility" for few SQL commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 03:28:17PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hmm.  This is older than the oldest version we have to support for
> pg_upgrade and co.  Would it be worth switching clusterdb to use the
> parenthesized grammar, adding on the way a test for this new grammar
> flavor without a table in the TAP tests (too costly for the main
> regression test suite)?

Since all currently-supported versions require a table name for the
parenthesized syntax, this would cause v17's clusterdb to fail on older
servers when no table name is specified.  That seems like a deal-breaker to
me.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Kirk Wolak
Сообщение: Re: Adding SHOW CREATE TABLE
От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction