Re: pgsql: Move snowball_create.sql creation into perl file

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Move snowball_create.sql creation into perl file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-05-23 10:46:30 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> >> this seems to have broken out-of-tree builds from tarballs:
> >>
> >> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 snowball_create.sql
'/srv/projects/postgresql/debian/16/build/tmp_install/usr/share/postgresql/16'
> >> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat 'snowball_create.sql': No such file or directory
>
> I think the attached will do for a proper fix.

Thanks.

> I'm not inclined to re-wrap just for this.

Agreed.

I wonder if we should add a CI task to test creating a tarball and building
from it, both inside the source directory and as a vpath build? We rebuild for
both gcc and clang, each with assertions and without, to check if there are
warnings. We could probably just switch to building from the tarball for some
of those.

I guess I need to go and check how long the "release" tarball generation
takes...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: memory leak in trigger handling (since PG12)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: no relation entry for relid 6