Re: win32ver data in meson-built postgres.exe

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: win32ver data in meson-built postgres.exe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-06-07 16:14:07 -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> A postgres.exe built with meson, ninja, and MSVC lacks the version metadata
> that postgres.exe gets under non-meson build systems.  Patch attached.

I dimly recall that we discussed that and basically decided that it doesn't
really make sense to attach this information to postgres.exe.

>     This preserves two quirks of the older build systems.  First,
>     postgres.exe is icon-free.

We could also just change that.

>     Second, the resources object is not an input
>     to postgres.def.

I don't see what negative effects that could have: postgres.def is used to
provide symbol "thunks" to extension libraries, which don't need to access
this information.  If we used the rc compiler to inject binary data (say
bootstrap.bki) into binaries, it'd possibly be a different story (although I
think it might work anyway) - but if we wanted to do something like that, we'd
build portable infrastructure anyway.

> -  rcgen_bin_args = rcgen_base_args + [
> +  rcgen_server_args = rcgen_base_args + [
>      '--VFT_TYPE', 'VFT_APP',
> -    '--FILEENDING', 'exe',
> +    '--FILEENDING', 'exe'
> +  ]
> +
> +  rcgen_bin_args = rcgen_server_args + [
>      '--ICO', pg_ico
>    ]

Somehow it seems a bit wrong to derive non-server from server, but ... ;)

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Remove WindowClause PARTITION BY items belonging to redundant pathkeys
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work