Re: Allow pg_archivecleanup to remove backup history files

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Allow pg_archivecleanup to remove backup history files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 15 Jun 2023 21:38:28 +0900, torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote in
> On 2023-06-15 15:20, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> Thanks for your review!
> > + printf(_(" -x, --strip-extension=EXT strip this extention before
> > identifying files fo clean up\n"));
> > + printf(_(" -?, --help show this help, then exit\n"));
> > After this change, some of these lines corss the boundary of the 80
> > columns width.  (is that policy viable noadays? I am usually working
> > using terminal windows with such a width..) It's somewhat unrelated to
> > this patch, but a help line a few lines further down also exceeds the
> > width. We could shorten it by removing the "/mnt/server" portion, but
> > I'm not sure if it's worth doing.
>
> I also highlight 80th column according to the wiki[1].
> Since usage() in other files like pg_rewind.c and initdb.c also
> exceeded the 80th column, I thought that was something like a guide.

I think the page is suggesting about program code, not the messages
that binaries print.

ASAICS the main section of the "pg_rewind --help" fits within 80
columns. However, "initdb --help" does output a few lines exceeding
the 80-column limit. Judging by the surrounding lines, I believe we're
still aiming to maintain these the given width. I think we need to fix
initdb in that regard.

> [1]
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Configuring_vim_for_postgres_development

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Masahiro Ikeda
Сообщение: Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Add a perl function in Cluster.pm to generate WAL