Re: ProcessStartupPacket(): database_name and user_name truncation

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: ProcessStartupPacket(): database_name and user_name truncation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 21 Jun 2023 09:43:50 +0200, "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote in
> Trying to connect with the 64 bytes name:
>
> $ psql -d ääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää
> psql: error: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.55448"
> failed: FATAL: database "äääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää" does not
> exist

IMHO, I'm not sure we should allow connections without the exact name
being provided. In that sense, I think we might want to consider
outright rejecting the estblishment of a connection when the given
database name doesn't fit the startup packet, since the database with
the exact given name cannot be found.

While it is somewhat off-topic, I cannot establish a connection if the
console encoding differs from the template database even if I provide
the identical database name. (I don't mean I want that behavior to be
"fix"ed.)

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pgindent vs. pgperltidy command-line arguments