Re: vacuumdb/clusterdb/reindexdb: allow specifying objects to process in all databases

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: vacuumdb/clusterdb/reindexdb: allow specifying objects to process in all databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 12:05:17PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> At Thu, 29 Jun 2023 13:56:38 -0700, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote in
>> Sorry, I'm not following.  I intentionally avoided allowing combinations of
>> --schema and --table in the patches I sent.  This is the current behavior
>> of vacuumdb.  Are you suggesting that they should be treated as restriction
>> filters?
>
> No. I'm not suggesting. Just saying that they would look appear to
> work as a restriction filters if those two options can be specified at
> once.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

>> Perhaps we could add something like a --skip-missing option.
>
> But isn't it a bit too complicated for the gain?
>
> I don't have a strong objection if we're fine with just allowing
> "--all --schema=xxx", knowing that it will works cleanly only for
> system catalogs.

Okay.  I haven't scoped out what would be required to support a
--skip-missing option, but it doesn't sound too terribly complicated to me.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"