Re: Understanding pg_stat_io.evictions

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Understanding pg_stat_io.evictions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:36:46 +0000, "Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> wrote in
> postgres=# insert into t select i,  md5(i::text), md5(i::text), md5(i::text) from generate_series(1,1000000) i;
..
>  client backend |       207 | normal
>  client backend |         0 | vacuum
>
> Shouldn't these evictions show up under context blkwrite? The description in docs is:

No, that's not the case because INSERT doesn't execute a bulk
write. It is is only performed during COPY FROM, and the write side of
some other comands, such as CREATE AS (and some internal table-copy
operations.).

> As far as I understand this, a ring buffer is used in this case. Do I miss something?

Maybe you're confusiong it with bulk-read cases?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Kaushal Shriyan
Сообщение: Re: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.
От: Amn Ojee Uw
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading