Re: New blog - who dis?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: New blog - who dis?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hello,

On 2023-Sep-04, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> I plan to migrate my blog to a new software platform, which
> will also change the URLs which appear in the RSS feed. There
> is no convenient way to keep the old URLs in place.
>
> Most importantly, this will affect Planet PostgreSQL, which
> suddenly might see about 150 "new" blog postings.
>
> Is there a recommended way how to deal with such a move?

Each post in the blog has a "guid" unique identifier, which is usually
the same as the URL, but some platforms let you set up something
different.  If you can "migrate" your posts to the new platform while
keeping the GUIDs, that would be best -- they would not be seen as new
posts.  The actual URLs don't actually matter.

If your platform doesn't let you do this, I think PlanetPostgres would
mark the new posts as hidden anyway, because of the volume (but pester
everyone along the way).  That way only future new posts (actually new
posts) would be syndicated, but everything would appear duplicate in the
admin interface.

> Did someone do such a move before, what is your experience?

It's usually a pretty noisy things to do, from the moderators point of
view.