Re: Multixact wraparound monitoring

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Multixact wraparound monitoring
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2023-Sep-14, bruno da silva wrote:

> This problem is more acute when the FK Table stores a small number of rows
> like types or codes.

Right, because the likelihood of multiple transactions creating
new references to the same row is higher.

> I think in those cases an enum type should be used instead of a column with
> a FK.

Right, that alleviates the issue, but IMO it's a workaround whose need
is caused by a deficiency in our implementation.

"Pido que me den el Nobel por razones humanitarias" (Nicanor Parra)

От: bruno da silva
Сообщение: Re: Multixact wraparound monitoring
От: Achilleas Mantzios - cloud
Сообщение: pgsql 10.23 , different systems, same table , same plan, different Buffers: shared hit