Re: Calculating Days/Time(Are Loops Neccessary?)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Calculating Days/Time(Are Loops Neccessary?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-Sep-19, Anthony Apollis wrote:

> I have inherited this code, problem is it is over code, i believe. The
> package is gonna run once a month and this code run is a loop. How can this
> loop be running and checking data up until last day, if it only run once a
> month?

I didn't stop to understand your problem fully, but if you need the set
of calendar days in one month, you can use the generate_series()
function around some arithmetic that gives you the start of the month
plus when it ends, something like this:

with onedate(theday) as (values (date '2023-02-03'))
select g::date
from onedate,
     generate_series(date_trunc('month', onedate.theday),
        date_trunc('month', onedate.theday) + interval '1 month' - interval '1 day',
        '1 day') g ;

"El sabio habla porque tiene algo que decir;
el tonto, porque tiene que decir algo" (Platon).

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Calculating Days/Time(Are Loops Neccessary?)
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: Changed functionality from 14.3 to 15.3