Re: pg_upgrade --check fails to warn about abstime

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_upgrade --check fails to warn about abstime
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Sep-20, Tristan Partin wrote:

> > +/*
> > + * check_for_removed_data_type_usage
> > + *
> > + *        similar to the above, but for types that were removed in 12.
> > + */
> > +static void
> > +check_for_removed_data_type_usage(ClusterInfo *cluster, const char *datatype)
>
> Seems like you could make this more generic instead of hardcoding version
> 12, and then you could use it for any future removed types as well.

Yeah, I thought about that, and then closed that with "we can whack it
around when we need it".  At this point I imagine there's very few other
datatypes we can remove from the core server, if any.

"La libertad es como el dinero; el que no la sabe emplear la pierde" (Alvarez)

От: "Tristan Partin"
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade --check fails to warn about abstime
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: dikkop seems unhappy because of openssl stuff (FreeBSD 14-BETA1)