Re: Table health

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Table health
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2023-Oct-17, Rajesh Kumar wrote:

> I have been asked to check table health of specific big table.
>
> What are list of things I have to check?

Install extension pg_visibility and run functions pg_check_frozen and
pg_check_visible on the table.  I've seen a couple of cases of
**serious** data recoverability issues that aren't discovered until much
later, caused by pages having been improperly marked all-frozen in some
distant past.  I assume it's possible to have pages marked as
all-visible as well, which would cause different issues.

"Aprender sin pensar es inútil; pensar sin aprender, peligroso" (Confucio)

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Table health
От: richard coleman
Сообщение: What's the state of native Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) in PostgreSQL?