Re: Remove last traces of HPPA support

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Remove last traces of HPPA support
Дата
Re: Remove last traces of HPPA support  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 11:16:28AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> We removed support for the HP-UX OS in v16, but left in support
> for the PA-RISC architecture, mainly because I thought that its
> spinlock mechanism is weird enough to be a good stress test
> for our spinlock infrastructure.  It still is that, but my
> one remaining HPPA machine has gone to the great recycle heap
> in the sky.  There seems little point in keeping around nominal
> support for an architecture that we can't test and no one is
> using anymore.
>
> Hence, the attached removes the remaining support for HPPA.
> Any objections?

I wouldn't do this.  NetBSD/hppa still claims to exist, as does the OpenBSD
equivalent.  I presume its pkgsrc compiles this code.  The code is basically
zero-maintenance, so there's not much to gain from deleting it preemptively.

От: Zhang Mingli
Сообщение: Re: list of acknowledgments for PG16
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Remove wal_level settings for subscribers in tap tests