Re: Never asked to set Master Password

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Never asked to set Master Password
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:34:05 -0700
Tim Quinn <timquinnsm@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will be the only one using this. I don’t have a PG login.
> How do I create one with pqsl? Where would I input those codes?

In a terminal window.

Finder -> Go -> Utilities -> Terminal

Chat help with Postgres is in the #postgresql channel at libera.chat.
See:
https://libera.chat/guides/webchat
https://www.postgresql.org/community/irc/

> > On Oct 24, 2023, at 2:15 PM, Karl O. Pinc <kop@karlpinc.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 13:41:17 -0700
> > Tim Quinn <timquinnsm@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Karl,
> >>
> >> I do not see my email anywhere on pgAdmin4? There is nothing in the
> >> upper right hand corner to click on.
> >>
> >> So maybe I am not logged in. How can I log in or create an
> >> account?
> >
> > I am not very experienced with pgAdmin4.
> >
> > It may be that you're running a desktop install?
> > I don't know how to tell it what pg username goes with
> > what pg database.
> >
> > In any case, the connection string in your screenshot indicates
> > that you are going to login to PG as the "postgres" user.  As a
> > rule, the postgres user cannot be logged into unless you are logged
> > in to Unix as the postgres user.  (It is unlikely you want to change
> > this.  Better to have your own personal login, and be able to
> > "SET ROLE postgres" when you want to be the superuser.)
> >
> > If you don't have a PG login, maybe the best way to create
> > one is with psql.
> >
> > sudo su postgres -c psql
> >
> > Then:
> >
> > create role MYLOGIN createdb login noinherit in role postgres;
> > \password MYLOGIN
> > \q
> >
> > (Alternately, "\password", by itself, changes the current
> > user's password.  You could use that to set a password for
> > the postgres user.  This only makes sense if you're going
> > to be the only one who knows the password.  Sharing superuser
> > passwords is ungood.)
> >
> > You seem to have multiple PG versions installed.  It is hard
> > to say which one the above will create a login in.  The
> > screenshot seems to indicate it will be the v14 cluster.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
> > Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
> >                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

От: Aditya Toshniwal
Сообщение: Re: Never asked to set Master Password
От: "Khetarpal, Kanika (CWM-NR)"
Сообщение: Problem in triggering pgadmin4 from my system