Re: GUC names in messages

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: GUC names in messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 09:46:52PM +0100, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> I agree for names with underscores in them.  But I think that quoting
> is necessary for names like "timezone" or "datestyle" that might be
> mistaken for normal words.  My personal preference is to always quote
> GUC names, but I think it is OK not to quote GOCs whose name are
> clearly not natural language words.

+1, IMHO quoting GUC names makes it abundantly clear that they are special
identifiers.  In de4d456, we quoted the role names in a bunch of messages.
We didn't quote the attribute/option names, but those are in all-caps, so
they already stand out nicely.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Don't pass NULL pointer to strcmp().