Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 11:01:15AM -0600, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 04:36:44PM +0000, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
>> There's also __attribute__((deprecated)) (and and __declspec(deprecated)
>> for MSVC), but that can AFAIK only be attached to functions and
>> variables, not macros, so it would have to be changed to a static inline
>> function.
>
> It might be worth introducing pg_attribute_deprecated() in c.h.  I'm not
> too worried about this particular macro, but it seems handy in general.

Huh, this was brought up before [0].

[0] https://postgr.es/m/20200825183002.fkvzxtneijsdgrfv%40alap3.anarazel.de

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro