Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2023 at 02:19:09PM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > Would it be a problem to make pg_session_variables inspect the catalog
> > or something similar if needed?
> >

> It can be very easy to build pg_session_variables based on iteration over
> the system catalog. But I am not sure if we want it. pg_session_variables()
> is designed to show the variables from session memory, and it is used for
> testing. Originally it was named pg_debug_session_variables. If we iterate
> over catalog, it means using locks, and it can have an impact on isolation
> tests.

I see, thanks for clarification. In the end one can check the catalog
directly of course, is there any other value in this function except for
debugging purposes?

As a side note, I'm intended to go one more time through the first few
patches introducing the basic functionality, and then mark it as ready
in CF. I can't break the patch in testing since quite long time, and for
most parts the changes make sense to me.

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: Use of backup_label not noted in log
От: Joseph Koshakow
Сообщение: Re: Infinite Interval