Re: Hide exposed impl detail of wchar.c

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Hide exposed impl detail of wchar.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 10:50:36AM -0800, Jubilee Young wrote:
> In that case, I took a look across the codebase and saw a
> utils/ascii.h that doesn't
> seem to have gotten much love, but I suppose one could argue that it's intended
> to be a backend-only header file?

That might work.  It's not #included in very many files, so adding
port/simd.h shouldn't be too bad.  And ascii.h is also pretty inexpensive,
so including it in wchar.c seems permissible, too.  I'm not certain this
doesn't cause problems with libpgcommon, but I don't see why it would,
either.

> So it should probably end up living somewhere near the UTF-8 support, and
> the easiest way to make it not go into something pgrx currently
> includes would be
> to make it a new header file, though there's a fair amount of API we
> don't touch.

Does pgrx use ascii.h at all?

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PANIC serves too many masters