Re: introduce dynamic shared memory registry

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: introduce dynamic shared memory registry
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 12:03:18AM +0800, Zhang Mingli wrote:
> I see most xxxShmemInit functions have the logic to handle IsUnderPostmaster env.
> Do we need to consider it in DSMRegistryShmemInit() too? For example, add some assertions.
> Others LGTM.

Good point.  I _think_ the registry is safe to set up and use in
single-user mode but not in a regular postmaster process.  It'd probably be
wise to add some assertions along those lines, but even if we didn't, I
think the DSM code has existing assertions that will catch it.  In any
case, I'd like to avoid requiring folks to add special
single-user-mode-only logic if we can avoid it.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Michail Nikolaev
Сообщение: Re: Revisiting {CREATE INDEX, REINDEX} CONCURRENTLY improvements
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Unchecked strdup leading to segfault in pg_dump