Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 10:42:11 -0500
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> I think it's a good idea to talk about the types of
> functionality/workloads PostgreSQL can support, whether in core or
> extensions (geospatial, time series, vector/AI/pick-the-buzzword,
> distributed, etc.), and perhaps the starting point is adding that
> language that suggests that. We can then link to the wiki, perhaps
> make a "List of Extensions" page that's similar to "List of
> Drivers"[4] (which [4] is now linked to from the docs) that
> categorizes them. [5] has a nice starting point on the aggregation of
> what's out there.

> [5] https://gist.github.com/joelonsql/e5aa27f8cc9bd22b8999b7de8aee9d47

There's also https://pgxn.org, the PostgreSQL Extension Network.
It's interface, a list of tags with font sizes that correspond to
frequency of occurrence, gives me an idea.

Give up.  Add the sentence "PostgreSQL supports many popular buzzwords,
which make it more than a relational database."
and link "buzzwords" to a page of buzzwords.  Since "buzzword"
is so generic, "Geospatial" can appear next to "ACID" next to "SQL"
without concern.  Each buzzword could link to a google search of
"PostgreSQL" + "<buzzword>".  To get fancy, let the user choose the
search engine.  Or really give up and link to a buzzword page on
the pg wiki.

Regards,

Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page