Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 14:40:49 -0500
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> To move this along, here is a patch with suggested changes on just
> the homepage

> ==quote==
> PostgreSQL is a powerful, extensible, open source relational database
> with over 35 years of active development. PostgreSQL has earned a
> strong reputation for reliability, feature robustness, and
> performance.
>
> PostgreSQL can be used for a wide variety of use-cases, including
> transactional and analytical workloads. PostgreSQL extensions add
> more functionality to PostgreSQL, which are used to support
> geospatial, time series, AI and vector queries, full-text search,
> distributed systems, and many more workloads.
> ==quote==

FWIW, I think temporal databases are much more interesting
than time series databases, which to my understanding are
little more than logs.

Regards,

Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
От: Akshat Jaimini
Сообщение: Re: [INFO] Regarding bugs in Testing Harness