Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Feb-01, Dilip Kumar wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 3:19 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> >
> > postgres -c lc_messages=C -c shared_buffers=$((512*17))
> >
> > 2024-02-01 10:48:13.548 CET [1535379] FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "transaction_buffers": 17
> > 2024-02-01 10:48:13.548 CET [1535379] DETAIL:  "transaction_buffers" must be a multiple of 16
>
> Maybe we should resize it to the next multiple of the SLRU_BANK_SIZE
> instead of giving an error?

Since this is the auto-tuning feature, I think it should use the
previous multiple rather than the next, but yeah, something like that.

While I have your attention -- if you could give a look to the 0001
patch I posted, I would appreciate it.

"Los trabajadores menos efectivos son sistematicamente llevados al lugar
donde pueden hacer el menor daño posible: gerencia."  (El principio Dilbert)

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock