Re: Draft release notes for minor releases are up

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Draft release notes for minor releases are up
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 08:18:50PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> > Shall the top of the notes advise to reindex GIN indexes?
>
> I thought about that, but it's a pretty low-probability failure
> I think, so I didn't write that advice.  Maybe I misjudged it.

I can see there being failures so low-probability to omit that text, e.g. a
failure identified theoretically and requiring a process to lose the CPU for
hours.  For this one, the reporter seems to have arrived at it without a
deliberate search.  This one just needs a recovery at the right WAL record,
then two processes reaching the incomplete split concurrently.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why is subscription/t/031_column_list.pl failing so much?
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Is this a problem in GenericXLogFinish()?