Re: Why is pq_begintypsend so slow?

От Sutou Kouhei
Тема Re: Why is pq_begintypsend so slow?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In <20240219195351.5vy7cdl3wxia66kg@awork3.anarazel.de>
  "Re: Why is pq_begintypsend so slow?" on Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:53:51 -0800,
  Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

>> I don't have a strong opinion how to implement this
>> optimization as I said above. It seems that you like your
>> approach. So I withdraw [1]. Could you complete this
>> optimization? Can we proceed making COPY format extensible
>> without this optimization? It seems that it'll take a little
>> time to complete this optimization because your patch is
>> still WIP. And it seems that you can work on it after making
>> COPY format extensible.
>
> I don't think optimizing this aspect needs to block making copy extensible.

OK. I'll work on making copy extensible without this
optimization.

> I don't know how much time/energy I'll have to focus on this in the near
> term. I really just reposted this because the earlier patches were relevant
> for the discussion in another thread.  If you want to pick the COPY part up,
> feel free.

OK. I may work on this after I complete making copy
extensible if you haven't completed this yet.

Thanks,
--
kou

От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations