Re: FW: huge SubtransSLRU and SubtransBuffer wait_event

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: FW: huge SubtransSLRU and SubtransBuffer wait_event
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2024-Mar-01, James Pang wrote:

> one question:
>      we need to increase all SLRU buffers together , MULTIXACT, XACT,
> Subtrans, COMMIT TS ,  for example, got all of them doubled based on
> existing size ?

No need.

> or only increase Subtrans , or Subtrans and multixact ?

Just increase the sizes for the ones that are causing you pain. You can
have a look at pg_stat_slru for some metrics that might be useful in
determining which are those.

От: James Pang
Сообщение: Re: FW: huge SubtransSLRU and SubtransBuffer wait_event
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing count(), but Explain estimates wildly off