Re: Diff of this page with other version

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Diff of this page with other version
Дата
Re: Diff of this page with other version
Список pgsql-www
On 2024-Mar-02, Marcos Pegoraro wrote:

> Obviously when a commit is done the committer has to add this span tag to
> that commit, so that part would be colored with green background only if
> page 16 is compared with previous ones.

I think your proposal is a reasonable idea and a very convenient service
for users ... but there's zero chance that committers are going to
accept the additional work and the resulting uglification of the
document source.

If it can be done by post-processing the XML and finding the
differences, to automatically insert some markup that lets the UI show
the differences as you suggest, then we can discuss ways to integrate
that.

"I must say, I am absolutely impressed with what pgsql's implementation of
VALUES allows me to do. It's kind of ridiculous how much "work" goes away in
my code.  Too bad I can't do this at work (Oracle 8/9)."       (Tom Allison)
           http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-06/msg00016.php

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Marcos Pegoraro
Сообщение: Diff of this page with other version
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: Diff of this page with other version