Re: Improve heapgetpage() performance, overhead from serializable

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Improve heapgetpage() performance, overhead from serializable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-08 15:43:12 +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 at 15:13, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > Off-list Melanie suggested heap_page_collect_visible_tuples(). Given the
> > separate callsites (making long names annoying) and the fact that it's really
> > specific to one caller, I'm somewhat inclined to just go with
> > collect_visible_tuples() or page_collect_visible(), I think I prefer the
> > latter.
>
> I understand wanting to avoid the long name.  I'd rather stay clear of
> "visible", but don't feel as strongly about this as it's static.

I think visible would be ok, the serialization checks are IMO about
visibility too. But if you'd prefer I'd also be ok with something like
page_collect_tuples()?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Allow non-superuser to cancel superuser tasks.