Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-08 09:26:09 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 6:50 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> And maybe we need to think of a way to further mitigate this crush of
> last minute commits. e.g. In the last week, you can't have more
> feature commits, or more lines of insertions in your commits, than you
> did in the prior 3 weeks combined. I don't know. I think this mad rush
> of last-minute commits is bad for the project.

I don't think it's very useful to paint a very broad brush here,
unfortunately. Some will just polish commits until the last minute, until the
the dot's on the i's really shine, others will continue picking up more CF
entries until the freeze is reached, others will push half baked stuff.  Of
course there will be an increased commit rate, but it does looks like there
was some stuff that looked somewhat rickety.

Greetings,

Andres

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements