Re: documentation structure

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: documentation structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-03-19 17:39:39 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> My own pet docs peeve is a purely editorial one: func.sgml is a 30k line
> beast, and I think there's a good case for splitting out at least the
> larger chunks of it.

I think we should work on generating a lot of func.sgml.  Particularly the
signature etc should just come from pg_proc.dat, it's pointlessly painful to
generate that by hand. And for a lot of the functions we should probably move
the existing func.sgml comments to the description in pg_proc.dat.

I suspect that we can't just generate all the documentation from pg_proc,
because of xrefs etc.  Although perhaps we could just strip those out for
pg_proc.

We'd need to add some more metadata to pg_proc, for grouping kinds of
functions together. But that seems doable.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pg17 issues with not-null contraints
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pg17 issues with not-null contraints