Re: Path to unreverting "Allow planner to use Merge Append to efficiently implement UNION"

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Path to unreverting "Allow planner to use Merge Append to efficiently implement UNION"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-May-21, David Rowley wrote:

> I've attached 2 patches.
>
> 0001 is a simple revert of Tom's revert (7204f3591).
> 0002 fixes the issue reported by Hubert.

I would like to request that you don't keep 0001's message as you have
it here.  It'd be more readable to take 66c0185a3d14's whole commit
message with a small suffix like "try 2" in the commit title, and add an
additional second paragraph stating it was transiently reverted by
7204f35919b7.  Otherwise it's harder to make sense of the commit on its
own later.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: libpq compression (part 3)
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Path to unreverting "Allow planner to use Merge Append to efficiently implement UNION"