Re: Force PostgreSQL to query a custom index structure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Force PostgreSQL to query a custom index structure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Carsten Kropf <ckropf2@fh-hof.de> writes:
> I have a question according to a customly built index. I want to force the query planner to search in my index
structure,whenever I have a query that uses my specified operator. Until now, I always have to insert a quite amount of
tuples(~ 20000-30000) for being able to get an index scan instead of a sequential scan.

This is a good thing.  If you screw up the cost estimates to the point
where it won't do that, you will be very unhappy with the results.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Migration - not null default '0' -> not null default 0 - confused
От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: Migration - not null default '0' -> not null default 0 - confused