Re: hundreds of millions row dBs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: hundreds of millions row dBs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wes <wespvp@syntegra.com> writes:
> As I recall, the last time we rebuilt our database, it took about 3 hours to
> import 265 million rows of data.  It then took another 16 hours to rebuild
> all the indexes.

Out of curiosity, what value of sort_mem were you using?

(In PG 8.0, the sort memory setting used by CREATE INDEX will be
maintenance_work_mem not work_mem, which should help in getting larger
values to be used.  But in existing releases you usually need to think
about a manual tweak.)

От: "Dann Corbit"
Сообщение: Re: hundreds of millions row dBs
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: hundreds of millions row dBs