Re: Memory ordering issue in LWLockRelease, WakeupWaiters, WALInsertSlotRelease

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Memory ordering issue in LWLockRelease, WakeupWaiters, WALInsertSlotRelease
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> My current conclusion is that backporting barriers.h is by far the most
> reasonable way to go. The compiler problems have been ironed out by
> now...

-1.  IMO that code is still quite unproven, and what's more, the
problem we're discussing here is completely hypothetical.  If it
were real, we'd have field evidence of it.  We've not had that
much trouble seeing instances of even very narrow race-condition
windows in the past.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Create function prototype as part of PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Create function prototype as part of PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1