Re: pg_dump object dump-order; Part II

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump object dump-order; Part II
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
KL <zappa_lot@gmx.net> writes:
> Right, the error occurs in exactly such a simple
> example, but I'm not above to provide details galore ...

This seems to be the relevant detail:

> CREATE TABLE event (
>     event_id integer DEFAULT nextval('event_id_seq') NOT NULL,

This isn't what you showed before --- the previous version had an
explicit "::text" cast in it --- and I'm a bit mystified how you
managed to get that out of an 8.0.x server.  Mine insists on
putting ::text in there.

[ ... reads further ... ]

> NOTE: The SQL-file has been edited as the inserts for table
> event have been removed just as the GRANTs/REVOKEs on
> scheme PUBLIC.

> NOTE 2: Also the MySQL-tool "replace" has been run on
> the file to remove the "::text"-typecasts on the
> sequence's nextval-statement (to prevent double-casting
> in PgSQL 8.1.series the like of "::text)::regclass")

Perhaps you need to have a word with whoever is responsible for
these NOTEs showing up.  Because this sure is not anything any
core Postgres developer will answer for.

От: KL
Сообщение: pg_dump object dump-order; Part II
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to monitor resources on Linux.